Friday, February 23, 2007

Shock and Awe

I aint done got me a new cd in ages:

Benassi's show was incredible and I have wanted for some time to post a proper review. My only problem was that I couldnt put to words what I heard that night. It was something of a departure from his usual sets, but what exactly was it? The tour was in support of his new cd Cooking for Pump-Kin so to gather insiration I decided to at least pick it up and give it a listen. Now I can't stop. Its the usual deep bass driven house that has become his signature sound but now deeply infused with trance influences. Right? I can't tell you, this something you have to listen to for yourself. All I can say is that its insanely addictive and like nothing Ive ever heard before.

Taken from the liner notes:

"I wanted to do this tour across Canada in a bus and not by plane to get to know the country a little better. I've played my sets in various towns over the past few years and I've always wanted to come back and explore. I also thought it would be a good idea to have a kind of souvenir of my canadian journey to share with all the people who come out to party when I play. Thats the reason behind this compilation."

No comments: