Monday, October 06, 2008

End of Days

I'm not going to call myself a Christian as this can be misconstrued in all of the wrong ways. I do however have a great interest in the bible. I won't preach to you but I would like to highlight a few things concerning the end of the age:

"But realize this, that in the last days difficult times will come. For men will be lovers of self, lovers of money, boastful, arrogant, revilers, disobedient to parents, ungrateful, unholy, unloving, irreconcilable, malicious gossips, without self control, brutal, haters of good, treacherous, reckless, conceited, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God."

Sound familiar? I have made plans to leave Edmonton and that passage really explains one of the reasons I have decided to do so. All though there are great people here the general population shows these traits in great abundance.

A little further on:

"For the time will come when they will no longer endure sound doctrine; but wanting to have their ears tickled, they will accumulate for themselves teachers in accordance to their own desires."

*cough* cough* SCIENTOLOGY *cough*cough*

What about our seemingly endless environmental issues?

"Lift up yours eyes to the sky, the look to the Earth beneath; for the sky will vanish like smoke, and the Earth will wear out like a garment and its inhabitants will die in a like manner."

Maybe I am preaching, whatever. These things really got me thinking and I thought I would share them. I'll go back to talk about other things when I'm a little less freaked out.

No comments: