Saturday, January 17, 2009

Calahoo

I've posted a new song on my MySpace called Calahoo. This track marks a new beginning for me. I've always had trouble finalizing my work and making it sound good. To be honest its an infuriating and mind-numbing thing to have to do. So I've decided to invest the little bit of cash and have a professional do it for me at an actual studio. The result is amazing. I was so pleased with the end product that I decided to wait on posting it until its been released through a label and available for sale. A sort of new years surprise. As you can see, that didn't quite work out so well.

Either way, because I'm working on new material I decided to post Calahoo as a small example of things to come. The song itself was tailored specifically for the club and I can't wait to see the reaction it gets. The version I posted is the club mix (that I will use in my live sets) which is why there is such a long intro.

Kudos to Terry Bradstock at BEI Digital Studios for his amazing work mixing and mastering this track.

Hope you like it!
-John

myspace.com/djstraathof

No comments: