Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Parkour

I am a big Parkour fan, so as soon as I was through watching this video I knew I had to post it. Im also a big fan of Vancouver so I was extra pleased to see some parkour action happening over there. Everytime I see a video like this I briefly consider giving up the decks and even giving up my job to pursue the art of needlessly endangering life and limb.
For those of you not in the know: Parkour (aka free-running) is the art of moving through the urban enviroment with skill and grace by utilizing mixed elements of dance, martial arts and gymnastics to overcome obstacles. Wikipedia is a great place to start if you want to know more. I also highly recomend District 13, a movie that uses parkour in its action scenes and stars the man credited with starting the movement in the first place.

No comments: