Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Ear Worm of the Day

Todays insanely addictive earworm comes from Pythagora Switch, an incredible Japanese children show which features Rube Goldberg Devices in its transitions. The clever use of these machines have gained the show international attention but it was the "Algorithm March" that really turned the show into a true phenomena. The steps to this crazy little dance are taught by two of the shows actors then recreated in larger groups (My personal favourite: the Ninja's). Its become so popular that you can see it being performed in places like a public square in Stockholm, a Prison in the Philippines, and even the South Pole. It is the theme to this dance that got stuck in my head today and refused to die (I don't even know Japanese). Yet I can't help thinking to myself; do I really want it too? It is decidedly better than MmmBop.


"I wonder if it will end soon . . ."
Update: There's a laughably well done remix!

No comments: