Saturday, May 19, 2007

Z-Trip

I mentioned in a previous post that Champion has to be the best live experience I have ever had. Its a close call but Z-Trip at the Starlight Room last thursday is a very strong contender. Heard that night before an absolutely ravenous crowd were the likes of Aerosmith, ACDC, Metallica, John Mellencamp, Jimi Hendrix, Gun's N Roses, Nirvana and even Johnny Cash. All of this in between Hip Hop, Disco, House and even Drum N Bass. It doesn't sound like a very hot mix but you had to be there. It worked and worked very well. Many times Z-Trip picked up the mic and let us know we were the dopest crowd he has seen yet and I fully believe him. There was not one body sitting still that night and every dip in the volume was immediately replaced by hundreds of voices. Our energy certainly kept him going and he continued to play after three consecutive encores. By then I had to consider getting my sorry ass to work and never got to see how it ended. I was seriously considering calling in sick but I showed up with limp legs, no sleep and no voice. Even if you don't like dj's or electronic music I still strongly urge everyone to go catch his next show, you will not be disapointed.

No comments: