Saturday, March 24, 2007

Myspace

As a dj Myspace has been an invaluable tool. Though I still have few friends I can clearly see the potential for some fairly decent exposure. It has also proven itself to be a great place to connect with other musicians and discover new music from around the world (I really should recieve a paycheque for this) Here are a few artists that I've come across that are well worth checking out:

Ronnie Smalls: Though he doesn't have any posted music this undiscovered rap artist out of Ontario is highly worth mentioning. We have been conversing back and forth and after sending me some of his music I have agreed to produce a few tracks for him. Ronnie's thing is to rap over DnB and its a unique combination that not only works but has recently been getting him some much deserved attention.

Nathan Profitt: A phenomenal trance dj/producer out of the states who actually messaged me first looking for an add. His production work is absolutely top notch and considering his success on myspace its a true wonder he is not yet signed to major label and doing world tours. I can personally tell you that he lives up to his free Mp3 offer and his mix "Bonzai Worx" is highly worth downloading if you enjoy uplifting trance at all.

Stikka: Having family in Holland I figured there may be a small possibility of playing there. If it ever came to pass I figured I should at least have a few friends there who enjoy club music as much as I do. This is how I came across Satisfactions page. Satisfaction is one of three members of "Stikka" a band that produces some very slick electro tunes. This band perfectly represents a little bit of everything I've come to enjoy about electronic music. How come we don't have a band like this is Edmonton?

No comments: